Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week One in Review

Whew, week one of my pursuit of skinniness is complete! And now it's Sunday, which means no worrying about working out. Even if I wanted to go to the gym today, I couldn't, because it's closed. Not that I want to. Sunday is my sleeping day.

First, a quick update on yesterday. No gym, Costa Vida, Funions, Coke . . . yeah, not so good on the healthy eating or keeping active parts of my goals. Though I did jump around a lot in my brother's living room as I cheered BYU on to a 14–13 victory over #3 Oklahoma. It was a ruddy brilliant game, and the fact that I ate crap and did nothing physical cannot dim my elation about the win. Holy crap . . . I still can't believe BYU won. The Cougars rock my socks.



Okay, enough of my school pride (though don't be surprised if it shows up every now and then . . . football season is upon us, after all), and back to how this week has been. I accomplished my first goal, which is the first time I've done that in a while. I still wish I had done better, but I think it's good for me to make goals that are more attainable.

For goal number two, I could have done better. I had a couple of salads for dinner, so at least I got some veggies, but I definitely could have done better. And I ate out a few times this week . . . but it's a new week, a time to renew and refocus and do better. I have to go grocery shopping this week, and I'm going to do my best to actually plan for some meals so that I don't end up snacking for dinner. I honestly don't know what I eat for dinner most nights, which really needs to change.

Goal number three is something that I was told by the personal trainer that I worked with for a little bit a year and a half ago (back when I was actually good at working out and went to the gym at least five times a week). He told me that a vast majority of the time, everyone reaches their daily caloric intake before 8 p.m., so there is no reason to eat after that. To be honest, I was paying more attention to goal #1 this week, so I can't honestly say how I've done. But I don't think I've been terrible. I guess that's saying something.

Week one down, and many more to go. Hopefully this week will bring some new accomplishments and experiments, like planning meals and a sugar strike. Hopefully I can make week two even better than week one.

No comments: