Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Goal

You may have noticed that I added a new goal. (Or if you didn't, now you will.) I realized last night that I am horrible at going to bed at a decent time, which will (obviously) make it difficult to get up before work to go to the gym. If there is anyone at home, I am liable to strike up a conversation that lasts for much longer than I anticipate. Or, if there isn't anyone at home, I'll get wrapped up in blogging, or distracted by Facebook, or caught up in other random websites.

Getting enough sleep may not seem very related to my overall health, but if I don't get sleep, I won't work out. It's pretty much that simple. So for me, they are very much connected.

Unfortunately, I already know that I won't reach that goal tonight. I'm going to tell you a little something that will bring out my inner nerd (which really isn't all that inner, if you get to know me). The Beatles: Rock Band comes out tomorrow. I discovered today that my Guitar Hero World Tour instruments will work with The Beatles: Rock Band, hence saving me $70. And since I only need to grab the game now, I'm going to Walmart at midnight to pick it up. (Though I'm really not sure how the fact that I'm not buying the whole instrument package equates to me going to Walmart instead of using Amazon). Yes, I am going to a midnight release of a video game, and I am fully aware of how nerdy that is. But I don't care. In a few short hours, I will be rocking out to some of the best music ever made. And I can't wait.

There's a little insight into the inner workings of Lindy's Brain. I'll try not to do that very often . . . I know it's a little frightening.

No comments: