Saturday, October 3, 2009

Long Time, No See

I find it ironic that my last post title is "Getting Better," and then I don't write again for two weeks. That doesn't really strike me as getting better . . .

I have made a few changes in my routines. Sort of. I've been quite terrible at working out lately (no, that's not one of the changes). Last week I did a couple P90X videos, like Kenpo X and Core Synergistics. The core work out killed! I was sore for a good three days after. It was pretty intense. But I haven't worked out at all this week.

I realized recently that I have only been to the gym about three times in the past six weeks. I've worked out more than that in general, but I decided that wasn't enough to justify $25 a month. So yesterday I went and cancelled my membership at 24 Hour. It makes me a little sad, but I have all the P90X videos and there's a little gym in my apartment complex's clubhouse, so I have no excuse not to work out.

I'm thinking of trying the P90X series. But it scares me. A lot. I've seen other people do it, and it's crazy! I tried Plyometrics, which is one of the hardest videos, with my roommate, and I couldn't even make it through the warm up. It was ridiculous. But I want to try, because it could really help me if I can keep doing it.

I have also started drinking Slim Fast shakes for breakfast. I have no idea yet if that has helped me at all. My mom said she started drinking them for breakfast and she lost some weight, but I don't have a scale, so it's hard for me to know if I've lost anything. I was afraid the shakes would taste really gross, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually quite like them, and it's so much easier to grab a shake on my way to work than it is to make time to eat a bowl of cereal before work.

So consider this a new phase in my pursuit. Hopefully I can keep up with this one better than the last phases, since there have been a few.

No comments: